Pet Friendly Policies
Mackinaw Timbers Cabins welcomes pets in Cabin #5 and Cabin #10 with a 4 or 5 paw score from PetScreening a third party service at mackinawtimbers.petscreening.com We also require guests with assistance animals to complete the Assistance Animals screening and be approved. We strive to provide mutual accountability and responsibility for the benefit of all our guests.
CABIN #5 & #10 PET POLICY
When you pay your reservation you agree to this Pet Policy
BEDDING & TOWELS
- Pets are not allowed on the bed
- The towels are for people and please bring any needed for your Pet.
- If linens have excessive pet hair an additional fee will be added to your bill.
GUEST COMPLAINTS: If there is a complaint about a barking dog or excess noise from your pet you must respond immediately to resolve the complaint. If 2 complaints are made you may be asked to leave with no refund
PET WASTE: You must clean up your pet's waste immediately and place in tightly wrapped bag in the dumpster. If pet waste if found on the property a minimum of $50 will be added to your bill.
LEAVING PETS: Pets must not be left alone for an extended period of time.
PETS OUTSIDE: Pets may not be tied up outside nor outside unattended. Pets should be on a leash when outside.
WHICH PETS SHOULD STAY AT HOME
- Fearful Pets - If your pet is fearful of new surrounds, unfamiliar activity, you should leave home, you do not want to stress your fur baby out.
- Female pet in heat
- Barking Dog
- Aggressive Dog
- Sick Pet
SUGGESTED ITEMS TO BRING FOR OUR PET
- Sturdy Lease
- Collar with up-to-date contact information
- Familiar blanket or bed
- Food and treats
- Food and water bowls
- Favorite Toy including chew items.
- Medications and supplements
- Waste removal bags
- Wipes for easy clean up
- Pet first aid kit
- Flashlight for nightly walks
- Vaccination records