Cabin #8 - "The Hemingway"
Size –1 Bedroom • 1 Bathroom 1 Bath • Sleeps 2
"The Hemingway" - is a warm and cozy, rustic, vintage cabin is reminiscent of simpler times and tastefully furnished as a writers cabin.
Our cabins are a cross between a rustic sporting cabin from the "road-side motel era" and a simple vintage boutique get-away. Our family owned camp aims to provide the best elements of country lodging with updates but still maintains that rustic cabin charm.
"The Hemingway", This one room cabin sleeps 2 on a two twin beds, trundle style. The live edge slab wood desk and open shelves are perfect for of course writing, working away from home or relaxing with a cup of coffee while enjoying a view of the Cadillac countryside The mini kitchen comes complete with bar-size sink, microwave, counter high refrigerator, and an electric percolator. Wi-fi, Smart TV with Netflix, a vintage game or two, perhaps some reading material and all have a deck of cards and a cribbage board.
The weather-beaten walls of our 70 year old cabins are crammed with memories that induce an atmosphere of northern Michigan nostalgia to those who can relax and trade the pressures of the fast modern world for a few nights of simple, up-north hospitality.
Our family hopes you enjoy our cabins as much as we have enjoyed getting them ready for you!
This is a dander free cabin No Pets Allowed - for Pet Friendly Cabins please see Cabin #5 & #10
MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY: 2
- Self-check-in with keypad
- Check-in after 4 PM
- Check-out by 11 AM
- Desk/Workspace area
- Smoke Free
- Original logs on interior walls with bead-board ceilings
- Rural yet closet to US-131 expressway, M-115 and Cadillac
- Lighted site
- Private entrance
- Large yard
- Mini kitchen has small counter area, small sink, microwave, counter high frig/freezer
- Mini Frig
- Vintage Percolator Coffee Maker with Coffee Pods for a pot or two
- 2 - 3 Tea Bags
- Linens provided are Sheets for bed, Comforter and/or Blanket, At least 3 Pillows per full bed; 2 Bath Towels, 2 Hand Towels and 2 Wash clothes
- Small private bathroom with galvanized shower, sink and water closet – lots of hooks for hanging towels and clothes
- Toilet paper, 1 roll of paper towel and 1 box of tissue supplied
- Mini tank water heater - as such, water conservation and short (5 - 7 min) showers are a must.
- Smart TV with Netflix included plus ability to log into your Hulu, Amazon and other accounts. Our WiFi can take several seconds to buffer Netflix but otherwise works well.
- Gas Wall Heater
- Smoke detector
- Fire Extinguisher
- Wall Mount Oscillating Fan with Remote
- Open year around
- National Forest within a mile of the cabins
- Access to White Pine trail without crossing US 131 or M 115 with snowmobile or ORV access from cabins to trail
- Maps of trails and local activities provided in guest book
- Off street parking with room for snowmobiles, ORV's and boats
- Charcoal Grills
- Community Horse Shoe Pit
- Croquet and other Vintage Yard Games
- Community Fire Pit
- Firewood available for an additional small charge
- Out of town - In the country but close to everything
Upront & Honest
- Old restored windows and doors which can be drafty, especially the floors which results in uneven heat.
- We're in a rural area and the Internet isn't perfect but is very reliable, it may just need an extra few seconds to load Netflix
- Located on busy street
- Cabins are small, cozy and a bit crowded
- Water heater is small so short showers are a must
- We are in the country next to corn fields so there may be dust and a cob-web or two, our site people check daily but one strong gust of wind or Charlotte may decide to spin a web
- We are in the country next to corn fields and an excavating company, so there may be dust and a cob-web or two, our site people check daily but one strong gust of wind or Charlotte may decide to spin a web . . .
Outside: Large grassy areas in the back and center of the property, picnic area with tables and charcoal grills located at each cabin. Community Fire pit with log seating (firewood available onsite for small charge). Horse shoes, croquet and other vintage yard games are just steps away from your cabin.
No On-site Office: We are in and out and always available by preferably text (or email & phone). John our grounds keeper is in & out often as well, making sure everything is all ok. In off-seasons, you also may occasionally see a member(s) of our family or our carpenter working on projects around our property.
The property is also protected and monitored by exterior security cameras
Door codes will be available starting 1 to 2 hours before your scheduled check in time.
Parking: Parking for 1 vehicle right in front of your cabin (see Site Plan). Parking is also available at the back of the property for your snowmobiles, boars, ORV's or other sports equipment and can be reserved when you book your cabin.
Snow Removal: Our grounds-keeper provides snow removal that clears the driveway, parking area and walkway to the cabin entry. Snow removal is triggered after any event causing 4" or more of accumulation since last removal. There may be occasions where there are a few inches of snow on the driveway and walkway and can get icy. A snow shovel and salt are available in the open garage. Please be careful.
No Smoking On Site: No smoking of any kind is allowed on site with the exception of the Smoking Area in the far back left (SW) corner of the property, by the small lighted post with a bucket hanging on it. If you smoke anywhere else on the property a fine of a minimum of $250 will be deducted from your credit card.
Cleaning & Disinfecting: We at Mackinaw Timbers have always taken cleaning very seriously. Our normal routine is to wash all bedding, including comforters, blankets, sheets, towels and rugs at every turn. We also keep protectors on our mattresses and pillows, which are disinfected between guests. We are extra careful not to shake any linens as we remove them from the cabin. Additionally, we are spraying all linens with disinfectant before removing them. All surfaces, including remotes, doorknobs, light switches and countertops are cleaned and disinfected. Between guests, we disinfect curtains as well.
Finally, no team member will be on-site if they have any symptoms of Covid-19 or any other illness- be it fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat etc. You can rest assured that we have always looked out for our guests, cleaning crew, site team and family and continue to do so.
Cadillac is home to so many great things to do and see in the great outdoors. Our rolling hills, winding rivers, diverse lakes, and varied trails all connect throughout a half-million acres of National Forest for miles of fun. However, don’t forget about all the awesome things to do and see that isn’t on a trail or on the water. Our electronic guidebook has multiple sections of things to do in our area.
Rates & Availability
Cancellation Policy: Guest receives 100.00 % (less $50.00 cancellation fee) if cancellation occurs at least 365 days before arrival; No refunds within 365 days of arrival.
|Check-In||A keypad is available 24 hours a day to provide entry for guests|
|Setting & View||
"The Hemingway", This one room cabin sleeps 2 on a two twin beds, trundle style. The beds are made with soft gingham sheets, a lightweight blanket and 2 pillows on each bed of various firmness. There are heavier comforters sealed in a bag near the beds.
The live edge slab wood desk and open shelves are perfect for of course writing, working away from home or relaxing with a cup of coffee while enjoying a view of the Cadillac countryside
Wi-fi, Smart TV with Netflix, a vintage game or two, perhaps some reading material and all have a deck of cards and a cribbage board.
The mini kitchen comes complete with bar-size sink, microwave, counter high refrigerator, and shelves for your items. In keeping with the 1940's theme also provide an electric percolator for your coffee along with a few coffee pods, creamer, sugar & a few tea bags.
|Sports & Adventure||