Cabin #11 - "The Cadillac" Cabin #11 -"The Cadillac"
Size –2 Bedrooms • 2 Bathrooms 2 Baths • Sleeps 5-8
"The Cadillac" is our largest warm, cozy, rustic, 2 bedroom - 2 bath vintage cabin reminiscent of simpler times and tastefully furnished with that Michigan "Up North" Vintage Cabin of 60 or so years ago.
Our cabins are a cross between a rustic sporting cabin from the "road-side motel era" and a simple vintage boutique get-away. Our family owned camp aims to provide the best elements of country lodging with updates but still maintains that rustic cabin charm.
Our family hopes you enjoy our cabins as much as we have enjoyed getting them ready for you!
"The Cadillac's" fully furnished Kitchen includes, gas range, farm house sink, new "vintage" refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave and snack bar.
The Great Room with large dining table, stone wall behind a Vermont Castings gas "wood look" stove. Vintage leather couch, recliner and more comfy places to curl up with a good book, watch a movie on the 43" Smart TV from our classic VCR tape collection or on Netflix. Special vintage children's areas including vintage record player and kids records.
The Master Bedroom with king size bed, 32" Smart TV, desk area and comfy reading corner. Other amenities include a large closet with hangers, hooks and a clothing steamer. The attached Master Bath with copper vessel sink on a live-edge slab vanity, rain head in the ceiling of our galvanized and concrete shower complete the Master Suite.
The Second Bedroom sleeps four with a 2 full beds and includes a 32" smart TV.
There are also two single vinyl covered mattress's for kids who bring their own sleeping bags.
The Main Bath includes a double vanity, full deep tub/shower and water closet. Lots of hooks for towels and clothes in all the bathrooms and bedrooms.
For a complete list of furnishings please refer to the electronic Guidebook that you will receive prior to your arrival.
This is a dander free cabin No Pets Allowed - for Pet Friendly Cabins please see Cabin #5 & #10MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY: 6 Adults & 2 Children
- Self check-in with keypad
- Check-in after 4 PM
- Check-out by 11 AM
- Central A/C
- Workspace area in Master Bedroom as well as large dining table
- Smoke Free
- Original knotty pine on much of the interior, with new added to fill in.
- Rural yet close to US131 expressway & M-115
- Lighted site
- Private entrance
- Large yard
- Furnished full kitchen has custom wood counters with space for cooking and baking, large stainless steel farmhouse sink, gas range, microwave, dishwasher and vintage look new frig/freezer.
- Snack bar
- Large table
- Linens provided are Sheets for each bed, Comforter and/or Blanket, At least 3 Pillows per bed; 6 – 10 Bath Towels, Hand Towels and Wash clothes
- Master Bedroom with large closet including hangers
- Master Bathroom with galvanized shower, sink and water closet
- Second bathroom with tub/shower, double sinks and water closet with lots of hooks for hanging towels and clothes
- Toilet paper, paper towel and a box of tissue supplied in each bathroom
- Smart TV with Netflix included plus ability to log into your Hulu, Amazon and other accounts
- Forced air gas furnace
- Smoke detectors
- Fire Extinguisher
- Open year around
- National Forest within a mile of cabins
- Access to White Pine trail without crossing US 131 or M 115–snowmobile, ATV & ORV access from cabins to trail
- Charcoal Grills
- Community Horseshoe Pit
- Community Fire Pit
- Firewood available for an additional small charge
- Maps of trails and local activities provided in guest book
- Out of town–in the country but close to everything
Upfront & Honest
• Old restored windows and doors which can be drafty, especially the floors which results in uneven heat.
• Located on busy street and near an excavating company so can be noisy at times
• Inclement weather can occasionally result in power outages.
• We are in the country next to corn fields and an excavating company so there may be dust and a cob-web or two, our site people check daily but one strong gust of wind or Charlotte (the spider) may decide to spin a web . . .
Outside: Large grassy areas in the back and center of the property, picnic area with tables and charcoal grills located at each cabin. Community Fire pit with log seating (firewood available onsite for small charge). Horse shoes, croquet and other vintage yard games are just steps away from your cabin.
No On-site Office: We are in and out and always available by preferably text (or email & phone). John our grounds keeper is in & out often as well, making sure everything is all ok. In off-seasons, you also may occasionally see a member(s) of our family or our carpenter working on projects around our property.
The property is also protected and monitored by exterior security cameras
Door codes will be available starting 1 to 2 hours before your scheduled check in time.
Parking: Parking for 2 vehicles right in front of your cabin (see Site Plan). Parking is also available at the back of the property for your snowmobiles, boars, ORV's or other sports equipment and can be reserved when you book your cabin.
Snow Removal: Our grounds-keeper provides snow removal that clears the driveway, parking area and walkway to the cabin entry. Snow removal is triggered after any event causing 4" or more of accumulation since last removal. There may be occasions where there are a few inches of snow on the driveway and walkway and can get icy. A snow shovel and salt are available in the open garage. Please be careful.
No Smoking On Site: No smoking of any kind is allowed on site with the exception of the Smoking Area in the far back left (SW) corner of the property, by the small lighted post with a bucket hanging on it. If you smoke anywhere else on the property a fine of a minimum of $250 will be deducted from your credit card.
Cleaning & Disinfecting: We at Mackinaw Timbers have always taken cleaning very seriously. Our normal routine is to wash all bedding, including comforters, blankets, sheets, towels and rugs at every turn. We also keep protectors on our mattresses and pillows, which are disinfected between guests. We are extra careful not to shake any linens as we remove them from the cabin. Additionally, we are spraying all linens with disinfectant before removing them. All surfaces, including remotes, doorknobs, light switches and countertops are cleaned and disinfected. Between guests, we disinfect curtains as well.
Finally, no team member will be on-site if they have any symptoms of Covid-19 or any other illness- be it fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat etc. You can rest assured that we have always looked out for our guests, cleaning crew, site team and family and continue to do so.
Cadillac is home to so many great things to do and see in the great outdoors. Our rolling hills, winding rivers, diverse lakes, and varied trails all connect throughout a half-million acres of National Forest for miles of fun. However, don’t forget about all the awesome things to do and see that isn’t on a trail or on the water. Our electronic guidebook has multiple sections of things to do in our area.
Rates & Availability
Cancellation Policy: One hundred percent (100.00%) of the total booking charges (less $50.00 cancellation fee) will be refunded if the cancellation is made more than 180 days prior to the arrival date of the reservation. For cancellations made within 180 days prior to the arrival date, no refund will be issued.
|Check-In||A keypad is available 24 hours a day to provide entry for guests|
|Setting & View||
The master bedroom with king size bed, 32" Smart TV, desk area and comfy reading corner. Other amenities include a large closet with hangers, hooks and a clothing steamer. The attached Master bath with copper vessel sink on a live-edge slab vanity, rain head in the ceiling of our galvanized and concrete shower complete the Master Suite.
The second bedroom sleeps four with a 2 full beds and includes a 32" smart TV.
|Sports & Adventure||