Cabin #11 - "The Cadillac" Cabin #11 -"The Cadillac"
Size –2 Bedrooms • 2 Bathrooms 2 Baths • Sleeps 5-8
"The Cadillac" is our largest warm, cozy, rustic, 2 bedroom - 2 bathroom vintage cabin reminiscent of simpler times and tastefully furnished with that Michigan "Up North" Vintage Cabin feel of 60 or so years ago.
Our cabins are a cross between a rustic sporting cabin from the "road-side motel era" and a simple vintage boutique get-away. Our family owned camp aims to provide the best elements of country lodging with updates while still maintaining that rustic cabin charm.
Our family hopes you enjoy our cabins as much as we have enjoyed getting them ready for you!
"The Cadillac's" fully furnished kitchen includes a gas range, farmhouse sink, new "vintage" refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave and snack bar.
The Great Room comes with a large dining table, stone wall behind a Vermont castings gas "wood look" stove. Also a Vintage leather couch, recliner and more comfy places to curl up with a good book, watch a movie on the 43" Smart TV on Netflix or from our classic VCR tape collection. Special children's area including vintage record player and kids records.
The Master Bedroom comes with a king size bed, 32" Smart TV, desk area and comfy reading corner. Other amenities include a large closet with hangers, hooks and a clothing steamer. The attached Master Bath with a copper vessel sink on a live-edge slab vanity, rain head in the ceiling of our galvanized and concrete shower complete the Master Suite.
There are also two single vinyl covered mattresses for kids who bring their own sleeping bags.
The Second Bedroom sleeps four on two full size beds and includes a 32" Smart TV.
The Main Bath includes a double vanity, full deep tub/shower and water closet. Lots of hooks for towels and clothes in all the bathrooms and bedrooms.
For a complete list of furnishings please refer to the electronic Guidebook that you will receive prior to your arrival.
This is a dander free cabin. NO PETS ALLOWED - for Pet Friendly Cabins please see Cabin #5 & #10.
MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY: 6 Adults & 2 Children (16 and under)
- Open year around
- Self-check-in at 4PM with keypad - check your email about 3pm
- Check-out by 11AM
- Forced Air Gas Furnace
- Central Air
- Wall Mount Oscillating Fan with Remote
- Smoke Free Site
- Rural yet close to US-131 expressway, M-115, Cadillac West & Downtown
- Lighted site
- Private entrance
- Large yard
- Off street parking with room for snowmobiles, ORV'S and boats
- Charcoal Grill - BYO Charcoal, Lighter Fluid, lighter & Utensils (Charcoal kit available for small fee)
- Community Horseshoe Pit
- Croquet and other Vintage Yard Games
- Community Fire Pit
- Firewood available for an additional small charge
- Desk/Workspace area
- Original knotty pine on much of interior
- Smart Roku TV with Netflix included plus ability to log into your Hulu, Amazon and other accounts
- Wi-Fi - Please note it can take several seconds to buffer Netflix etc but otherwise works well.
Full Kitchen Details
- Large Stainless Steel Farmhouse sink
- Custom wood counters with space for cooking and baking
- Gas Range
- Vintage look new frig/freezer
- Snack Bar
- Large table and 8 chairs
- Vintage Percolator Coffee Maker with Coffee Pods for pot or two
- Hot Pot with 2-3 Tea Bags & 2-4 pour over coffee
- Master Bathroom: Galvanized shower, Copper Vessel Sink and water closet
- Second Bathroom: Tub/Shower, Double Sinks and water closet
- Lots of hooks for hanging towels and clothes
- Linens provided:
- Bedding: Sheets for bed, Comforter and/or Blanket, 3 Pillows per full bed, 6 pillows on king size bed
- Towels: 6-10 Bath Towels, Hand Towels, and Wash cloths
- Paper Products: 2 Toilet Paper + 2 Extra, 1 roll of paper towel and 2 boxes of tissue
- Smoke Detector
- Fire Extinguisher
- National Forest within a mile of the cabins
- Access to White Pine Trail without crossing US 131 or M 115 with snowmobile or ORV access from cabins to trail
- Maps of trails and local activities provided in cabins and guidebook
- Out of town - In the country but close to everything
Upfront & Honest
- Cabins are small, cozy and a bit crowded
- Old, restored windows and doors which can be drafty, especially floors which result in uneven heat.
- We're in a rural area and the Internet isn't perfect but is very reliable, it may just need an extra few seconds to buffer Netflix
- Located on a busy street and near an excavating company so can be noisy at times
- Water heater is small so short showers are a must
- We are in the country next to corn fields and an excavating company, so there may be dust and a cobweb or two. Our site people check daily but one strong gust of wind or Charlotte (the spider) may decide to spin a web....
Outside: Large grassy areas in the back and center of the property, picnic area with tables and charcoal grills located at each cabin. Community Fire pit with log seating (firewood available onsite for small charge). In the warmer months, horseshoes, croquet and other vintage yard games are just steps away from your cabin.
Guest Access: Door codes will be available starting 1 to 2 hours before your scheduled check-in time, Please check your email including spam.
Enter the property's north leg of the horseshoe drive (or nearest the sign), drive to your cabin which will be on your right. Pull up to your cabin with the passenger door parallel and centered with your cabin. Please refer to the Site Map in the guidebook that is emailed to you.
Please make yourself at home. We also ask that you please treat our cabin with respect, others on-site and keep all noise to a minimum, especially at night.
Guest Interaction: No on-site Office: We are in and out and always available, by preferably text (or email & phone). John our grounds keeper is in & out often as well, making sure everything is ok. In off seasons, you may occasionally see a member(s) of our family or our carpenter working on projects around the property.
The property is also protected and monitored by exterior security cameras.
Parking: Parking for 1 vehicle right in front of your cabin (see Site Plan). Parking is also available at the back of the property for your snowmobiles, ORV'S or other sports equipment and can be reserved when you book your cabin.
Snow Removal: Our groundskeeper provides snow removal that clears the driveway, parking area and walkway to the cabin entry. Snow removal is triggered after any event causing 4" or more of accumulation since last removal. There may be occasions where there are a few inches of snow on the driveway and walkway and can get icy. A snow shovel and salt are available in the open garage. Please be careful.
No Smoking On Site: No smoking of any kind is allowed with the exception of the Smoking Area in the far back left (SW) corner of the property, by the small lighted post with a bucket hanging on it. If you smoke anywhere else on the property a fine of a minimum of $250 will be deducted from your credit card.
Cleaning & Disinfecting: We at Mackinaw Timbers have always taken cleaning very seriously. Our normal routine is to wash all bedding, including comforters, blankets, sheets, towels and rugs at every turn. We also keep protectors on our mattresses and pillows, which are disinfected between guests. All surfaces, including remotes, doorknobs, light switches and countertops are cleaned and disinfected.
Finally, no team member will be on-site if they have any symptoms of any other illness - be it fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat etc. You can rest assured that we have always looked out for our guests, guest-prep team and family and will continue to do so.
Cadillac is home to so many great things to do and see in the great outdoors. Our rolling hills, winding rivers, diverse lakes, and various trails all connect throughout a half-million acres of National Forest for miles of fun. However, don't forget about all the awesome things to do and see that aren't on a trail or on the water. Our electronic guidebook has multiple sections of things to do in our area.
Additional Requirements/Rules - Please note refunds are not given due to
- Guest is required to e-sign MACKINAW TIMBERS CABINS LLC POLICIES, TERMS & CONDITIONS which includes downloading your ID within 24 hours.
- Security Deposit Required of $75 to $300 depending on the cabin and will be processed by Host on Guest's Credit Card.
- Minimum age to book is 26
- Not suitable for children under 4
- The guest who books must be the guest who stays, signs the POLICY, provides ID and gives the credit card for security deposit.
- Guests agree to receive email and texts from the host and third party site.
Rates & Availability
Cancellation Policy: One hundred percent (100.00%) of the total booking charges (less $50.00 cancellation fee) will be refunded if the cancellation is made more than 180 days prior to the arrival date of the reservation. For cancellations made within 180 days prior to the arrival date, no refund will be issued.
Your up-north cabin adventure awaits! Our 1940's vintage cabins have been lovingly restored and are a cross between a rustic sporting from the "road-side motel era" and simple, vintage, boutique glamping+ get-away. Our family owned camp aims to provide the best elements of up-north lodging with updates while still maintaining that rustic, cabin charm.
|Check-In||A keypad is available 24 hours a day to provide entry for guests|
|Setting & View||
The main bath includes a double vanity, full deep tub/shower and water closet. Lots of hooks for towels and clothes in all the bathrooms and bedrooms.
The master bedroom with king size bed, 32" Smart TV, desk area and comfy reading corner. Other amenities include a large closet with hangers, hooks and a clothing steamer. The attached Master bath with copper vessel sink on a live-edge slab vanity, rain head in the ceiling of our galvanized and concrete shower complete the Master Suite.
The second bedroom sleeps four with a 2 full beds and includes a 32" smart TV.
|Sports & Adventure||