Cabin #1 - "The Loft"
Size –1 Bedroom • 1 Bathroom 1 Bath • Sleeps 2-3
"The Loft" is a warm, cozy, vintage rustic expanded one room cabin reminiscent of simpler times. This tastefully furnished nostalgic cabin features a kids loft. Sleeps 2 Adults & 2 Children.
Our cabins are a cross between a rustic sporting cabin from the "road-side motel" era and a simple vintage boutique get-away. Our family-owned camp aims to provide the best elements of country lodging with updates while still maintaining that rustic cabin charm.
This expanded one room cabin includes a full-size 4-Poster Log Bed on the main floor and a loft above that sleeps 2 children on a full-sized mattress. Max weight in loft is 250# and is for older children. By allowing your children in the loft, you accept all liability for any incidents, falls, accidents, mishaps and/or deaths that may occur.
The Loft also has a small play area featuring vintage toys and games. Please note there are small pieces that may be choking hazards. You are accepting responsibility/liability if you allow your children to play with these toys and games. Please do not take any of the toys or games outside of the cabin.
The small furnished Kitchen comes complete with 2 burner gas cook-top, small sink, microwave, dishwasher in a drawer, 7.6 cu ft retro looking refrigerator and an electric percolator coffee maker. The vintage Formica table is covered in oilcloth tablecloth and the four chairs are perfect for your meals, catching up or playing cards/games. A small variety of games are provided for you in the cabin. A wall-mounted 43" Roku TV that includes Netflix is in the bedroom area.
This is a dander free cabin. NO PETS ALLOWED - for Pet Friendly Cabins please see Cabin #5 & #10.
MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY: 2 Adults & 2 Children
- Open year around
- Self-check-in at 4PM with keypad - check your email about 3pm
- Check-out by 11
- A/C & Heat
- Wall Mount Oscillating Fan with Remote
- Smoke Free Site
- Rural yet close to US-131 expressway, M-115, Cadillac West & Downtown
- Lighted Site
- Private entrance
- Large yard
- Off street parking with room for snowmobiles, ORV'S and boats
- Charcoal Grills - BYO Charcoal, Lighter Fluid, lighter & Utensils (Charcoal kit available for small fee)
- Community Horseshoe Pit
- Croquet and other Vintage Yard Games
- Community Fire Pit
- Firewood available for an additional small charge
- Original logs on interior walls with bead-board ceiling
- Smart Roku TV with Netflix included plus the ability to log into your Hulu, Amazon and other accounts
- Wi-Fi - Please note it can take several seconds to buffer Netflix etc but otherwise works well
Mini Kitchen Details
- Small counter area with small sink
- 2 burner gas cook-top
- Dishwasher in a drawer
- 7.6 cu ft retro frig/freezer
- Vintage Percolator Coffee Maker with Coffee Pods for a pot or two
- Hot Pot with 2-3 Tea Bags & 2-4 pour-over coffee
Small Private Bathroom Details
- Galvanized Shower with concrete floor
- Wall hung sink
- Water closet
- Lots of hooks for hanging towels and clothes
- Mini tank water heater - as such, water conservation and short (5-7 min) showers are a must
- Linens provided
- Bedding: Sheets for bed, Comforter and/or Blanket, 3 Pillows per full bed
- Towels: 4 Bath Towels, 4 Hand Towels and 4 Wash cloths
- Paper Products: 1 Toilet Paper + 1 Extra, 1 roll of paper towel and 1 box of tissue
- Smoke Detector
- Fire Extinguisher
- National Forest within a mile of the cabins
- Access to White Pine Trail without crossing US 131 or M 115 with snowmobiles or ORV access from cabins to trail
- Maps of trails and local activities provided in cabin and guidebook
- Out of town - In the country but close to everything
Upfront & Honest
- Cabins are small, cozy and a bit crowded
- Old, restored windows and doors which can be drafty, especially floors which result in uneven heat.
- We're in a rural area and the Internet isn't perfect but is very reliable, it may just need an extra few seconds to buffer Netflix
- Located on a busy street and near an excavating company so can be noisy at times
- Water heater is small so short showers are a must
- We are in the country next to corn fields and an excavating company, so there may be dust and a cobweb or two. Our site people check daily but one strong gust of wind or Charlotte (the spider) may decide to spin a web....
Outside: Large grassy areas in the back and center of the property, picnic area with tables and charcoal grills located at each cabin. Community Fire pit with log seating (firewood available onsite for small charge). In the warmer months, horseshoes, croquet and other vintage yard games are just steps away from your cabin.
Guest Access: Door codes will be available starting 1 to 2 hours before your scheduled check-in time, Please check your email including spam.
Enter the property's north leg of the horseshoe drive (or nearest the sign), drive to your cabin which will be on your right. Pull up to your cabin with the passenger door parallel and centered with your cabin. Please refer to the Site Map in the guidebook that is emailed to you.
Please make yourself at home. We also ask that you please treat our cabin with respect, others on-site and keep all noise to a minimum, especially at night.
Guest Interaction: No on-site Office: We are in and out and always available, by preferably text (or email & phone). John our grounds keeper is in & out often as well, making sure everything is ok. In off seasons, you may occasionally see a member(s) of our family or our carpenter working on projects around the property.
The property is also protected and monitored by exterior security cameras.
Parking: Parking for 1 vehicle right in front of your cabin (see Site Plan). Parking is also available at the back of the property for your snowmobiles, ORV'S or other sports equipment and can be reserved when you book your cabin.
Snow Removal: Our groundskeeper provides snow removal that clears the driveway, parking area and walkway to the cabin entry. Snow removal is triggered after any event causing 4" or more of accumulation since last removal. There may be occasions where there are a few inches of snow on the driveway and walkway and can get icy. A snow shovel and salt are available in the open garage. Please be careful.
No Smoking On Site: No smoking of any kind is allowed with the exception of the Smoking Area in the far back left (SW) corner of the property, by the small lighted post with a bucket hanging on it. If you smoke anywhere else on the property a fine of a minimum of $250 will be deducted from your credit card.
Cleaning & Disinfecting: We at Mackinaw Timbers have always taken cleaning very seriously. Our normal routine is to wash all bedding, including comforters, blankets, sheets, towels and rugs at every turn. We also keep protectors on our mattresses and pillows, which are disinfected between guests. All surfaces, including remotes, doorknobs, light switches and countertops are cleaned and disinfected.
Finally, no team member will be on-site if they have any symptoms of any other illness - be it fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat etc. You can rest assured that we have always looked out for our guests, guest-prep team and family and will continue to do so.
Cadillac is home to so many great things to do and see in the great outdoors. Our rolling hills, winding rivers, diverse lakes, and various trails all connect throughout a half-million acres of National Forest for miles of fun. However, don't forget about all the awesome things to do and see that aren't on a trail or on the water. Our electronic guidebook has multiple sections of things to do in our area.
Additional Requirements/Rules - Please note refunds are not given due to
- Guest is required to e-sign MACKINAW TIMBERS CABINS LLC POLICIES, TERMS & CONDITIONS which includes downloading your ID within 24 hours.
- Security Deposit Required of $75 to $300 depending on the cabin and will be processed by Host on Guest's Credit Card.
- Minimum age to book is 26
- Not suitable for children under 4
- The guest who books must be the guest who stays, signs the POLICY, provides ID and gives the credit card for security deposit.
- Guests agree to receive email and texts from the host and third party site.
Rates & Availability
Cancellation Policy: One hundred percent (100.00%) of the total booking charges (less $50.00 cancellation fee) will be refunded if the cancellation is made more than 180 days prior to the arrival date of the reservation. For cancellations made within 180 days prior to the arrival date, no refund will be issued.
Your tiny cabin adventure awaits! Our vintage 1940s cabins have been lovingly restored and are a cross between a rustic "roadside motel" era and simple, boutique glamping getaway. Our family-owned camp aims to provide the best elements of "up north" lodging while still maintaining that rustic tiny cabin charm.
|Check-In||A keypad is available 24 hours a day to provide entry for guests|
|Setting & View||
Small private bathroom with small galvanized with concrete base shower – 20 gallon water heater, as such, water conservation and short (5 - 7 min) showers are a must.. Sink with small shelf, mirror & gfi outlet. Toilet with plunger & brush in enclosed holders, Toilet paper on holder with a spare on the shelves above along with a box of tissue and 4 bath towels, 4 hand towels and 4 wash clothes. Lots of hooks for hanging towels and clothes
Bedroom area is in the back of expanded one room cabin which includes a full-size 4-poster log bed on the main floor which sleeps 2 and a loft above that sleeps 2 older children on a full-size mattress. Max occupancy 2 adults & 2 children.
A wall mounted 43" Roku TV that includes Netflix is in the bedroom area.