Cabin #1 - "The Loft"
Size –1 Bedroom • 1 Bathroom 1 Bath • Sleeps 3-4
"The Loft" is a warm and cozy, rustic, vintage expanded one room cabin which is reminiscent of simpler times. This tastefully furnished vintage nostalgic cabin features a kids loft. Sleeps 2 Adults & 2 Children
Our cabins are a cross between a rustic sporting cabin from the "road-side motel era" and a simple vintage boutique get-away. Our family owned camp aims to provide the best elements of country lodging with updates but still maintains that rustic cabin charm
This expanded one room cabin includes a full-size 4-Poster Log Bed on the main floor and a loft above that sleeps 2 children on a full-sized mattress. Max weight in loft is 250# and is for older children. By allowing your children in the loft, you accept all liability for any incidents, falls, accidents, mishaps and/or deaths that may occur.
The Loft also has a small play area featuring vintage toys and games. Please note there are small pieces that may be choking hazards, you are accepting responsibility/liability if you allow your children to play with these toys and games. Please do not take any of the toys or games outside of the cabin
The small, furnished Kitchen comes complete with 2 burner gas cook-top, small sink, microwave, dishwasher in a drawer, 7.6 cu ft retro looking refrigerator with freezer and an electric percolator coffee maker. The vintage Formica table is covered in oilcloth tablecloth and the four chairs are perfect for your meals, catching up or playing cards/games. A small variety of games are provided for you in the cabin. A wall mounted 43" Roku TV that includes Netflix is in the bedroom area.
This is a dander free cabin No Pets Allowed - for Pet Friendly Cabins please see Cabin #5 & #10
MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY: 2 Adults & 2 Children
- Self-check-in with keypad
- Check-in after 4 PM
- Check-out by 11 AM
- Vintage Formica table and 4 chairs - perfect for workspace too!
- Smoke Free
- Original log construction which was covered with drywall at some point in time however the owners have added wood ceilings, floors and unique kitchen wall made of recycled wood which maintains the rustic cabin feel.
- Rural yet closet to US-131 expressway, M-115 and Cadillac
- Lighted site
- Private entrance
- Large yard
- Self check-in with keypad
- Small lightly furnished kitchen has counter area, small sink, 2 burner gas cook-top, microwave, dishwasher in a drawer, 7.1 cu ft retro frig/freezer and electric percolator coffee maker.
- Coffee pods to get you started
- Linens provided are Sheets for each bed, Comforter and/or Blanket, At least 3 Pillows per full bed; 4 Bath Towels, 4 Hand Towels and 4 Wash clothes
- Small private bathroom with galvanized shower, sink and water closet – lots of hooks for hanging towels and clothes
- Toilet paper, 1 roll of paper towel and 1 box of tissue supplied
- 20 gallon water heater, as such, water conservation and short (5 - 7 min) showers are a must.
- Smart TV with Netflix included plus ability to log into your Hulu, Amazon and other accounts. Our Wi-Fi can take several seconds to buffer Netflix but otherwise works well. Gas Wall Heater with thermostat
- Smoke detector
- Fire Extinguisher
- Open year around
- National Forest within a mile of the cabins
- Access to White Pine trail or get to Manistee National Forest without crossing US 131 or M 115 with snowmobile or ORV access from cabins to trail
- Maps of trails and local activities provided in guest book
- Off street parking with room for snowmobiles, ORV's and boats
- Charcoal Grills
- Community Horse Shoe Pit
- Croquet and other Vintage Yard Games
- Community Fire Pit
- Firewood available for an additional small charge
- Out of town - In the country but close to everything
Upfront & Honest
- Old restored windows and doors which can be drafty, especially the floors which results in uneven heat.
- Located on busy street
- Cabins are small, cozy and a bit crowded
- Water heater is small so short showers are a must
- We are in the country next to corn fields and an excavating company, so there may be dust and a cob-web or two, our site people check daily but one strong gust of wind or Charlotte may decide to spin a web . . .
Outside: Large grassy areas in the back and center of the property, picnic area with tables and charcoal grills located at each cabin. Community Fire pit with log seating (firewood available onsite for small charge). Horse shoes, croquet and other vintage yard games are just steps away from your cabin.
No On-site Office: We are in and out and always available by preferably text (or email & phone). John our grounds keeper is in & out often as well, making sure everything is all ok. In off-seasons, you also may occasionally see a member(s) of our family or our carpenter working on projects around our property.
The property is also protected and monitored by exterior security cameras
Door codes will be available starting 1 to 2 hours before your scheduled check in time.
Parking: Parking for 1 vehicle right in front of your cabin (see Site Plan). Parking is also available at the back of the property for your snowmobiles, boars, ORV's or other sports equipment and can be reserved when you book your cabin.
Snow Removal: Our grounds-keeper provides snow removal that clears the driveway, parking area and walkway to the cabin entry. Snow removal is triggered after any event causing 4" or more of accumulation since last removal. There may be occasions where there are a few inches of snow on the driveway and walkway and can get icy. A snow shovel and salt are available in the open garage. Please be careful.
No Smoking On Site: No smoking of any kind is allowed on site with the exception of the Smoking Area in the far back left (SW) corner of the property, by the small lighted post with a bucket hanging on it. If you smoke anywhere else on the property a fine of a minimum of $250 will be deducted from your credit card.
Cleaning & Disinfecting: We at Mackinaw Timbers have always taken cleaning very seriously. Our normal routine is to wash all bedding, including comforters, blankets, sheets, towels and rugs at every turn. We also keep protectors on our mattresses and pillows, which are disinfected between guests. We are extra careful not to shake any linens as we remove them from the cabin. Additionally, we are spraying all linens with disinfectant before removing them. All surfaces, including remotes, doorknobs, light switches and countertops are cleaned and disinfected. Between guests, we disinfect curtains as well.
Finally, no team member will be on-site if they have any symptoms of Covid-19 or any other illness- be it fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat etc. You can rest assured that we have always looked out for our guests, cleaning crew, site team and family and continue to do so.
Cadillac is home to so many great things to do and see in the great outdoors. Our rolling hills, winding rivers, diverse lakes, and varied trails all connect throughout a half-million acres of National Forest for miles of fun. However, don’t forget about all the awesome things to do and see that isn’t on a trail or on the water. Our electronic guidebook has multiple sections of things to do in our area.
Rates & Availability
Cancellation Policy: Guest receives 100.00 % (less $50.00 cancellation fee) if cancellation occurs at least 365 days before arrival; No refunds within 365 days of arrival.
|Property Type||Tiny House|
|Check-In||A keypad is available 24 hours a day to provide entry for guests|
|Setting & View||
Bedroom area is in the back of expanded one room cabin which includes a full-size 4-poster log bed on the main floor which sleeps 2 and a loft above that sleeps 2 older children on a full-size mattress. Max occupancy 2 adults & 2 children.
A wall mounted 43" Roku TV that includes Netflix is in the bedroom area.
|Sports & Adventure||