The beautiful snow this past week in Michigan reminds me of all the experiences Cadillac has to offer in the winter months. The “Up-North'' atmosphere in the Cadillac area is like a winter festival every weekend. The town is bustling with happy people bundled up and taking advantage of the unique experiences that so many people don’t get to enjoy unless they live in the northern Midwest.
Below are just a few of these experiences that hopefully whet your appetite as you are thinking about your choices for a winter getaway at Mackinaw Timbers Cabins:
- Winter Trails - The Cadillac area has over 200 miles of trails and received the Pure Michigan Trail Town designation earlier this year.
- Cross Country Skiing
- Trails - Mackinaw Timbers Cabins has plenty of parking for your trucks, trailers and snowmobiles and is about a 15-minute snowmobile ride down back country roads to the trail.
- Tours - K & R Outfitters will pick you up at the cabins for your tour.
- Rentals - Greater North Power Sports & Rentals will bring the snowmobiles to your cabin at Mackinaw Timbers.
- Caberfae - Skiing and snowboarding about 20 minutes from the cabins. When you stay at Mackinaw Timbers Cabins and are going skiing, ask for your $10 off coupon for Caberfae.
- Off-Road Vehicles
- When there is little or no snow, an ORV is a great choice and forest routes and roads, unless posted, have lots of places to ride.
- Rentals - Greater North Power Sports & Rentals will bring the ORV to your cabin at Mackinaw Timbers.
- Ice Fishing
- Tours - K & R Outfitters will set up a custom ice fishing experience for you…bring friends and family and make it a special winter event for all to enjoy!
- Winter Paddling
- Pine River Paddlesports just started offering guided winter rafting trips—see the winter beauty from the river!
- Fat Tire Bikes
- The firepit with rustic log seats is ready and waiting for you when you return from your adventures.
Please note there are rentals available for all equipment from snowshoes and fat tire bikes to snowmobiles and off-road vehicles. There are also some wonderful tours that provide equipment as part of the tour such as snowmobiling, ice fishing, winter rafting and so much more!